Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day


I ran across this photo I took actually a few years ago when I first started out as a photographer. Fitting I should find it on Memorial day. Several of my family members have served in the various branches of the armed forces, I myself grew up as a military brat. So I know what it means to love those in uniform. In fact my banker, Joshua Apel, at RBC Bank off Wendover was just discussing what it was like living in a military home. The 5am wake up calls for vacation, the immaculate order of a house (that part just never stuck with me), the family gatherings at Fort Bragg, and of course the infamous, "My daddy is cooler than your daddy."

So one of the things I really wish I could do is to go abroad and take some images for the women and men in uniform. I went as far as to look for some sponsors one year, but nothing really panned out. But who knows next Memorial Day there could be some interesting photos on the blog.

No comments: