Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What does style mean to you?

I was sharing some ideas on a wedding photography forum the other day when someone commented on the fact that my photography style is not really photojournalism. This is true. I most enjoy shooting as a photojournalist then editing the photos in an artistic way. I often look at images before I begin to edit them and consider how to best describe the emotions I see represented in the image.

When choosing a photographer for your wedding, the style the photographer uses is just as important as what he or she is offering in their package. I have always believed that photography should speak to you. A photograph should tell what drives a photographer. What drives me? I am driven by this goal of uniquely sharing my client’s narrative. How do I manage this? I utilize a variety of techniques but most often, I combine editorial or photojournalism with artistic or creative photography.

No comments: