Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fun Times Networking

Today was networking day for me some planned and some not planned. It all started out with me having lunch with my good friend from Greensboro Merchant Assoc (GMA), Chris Young. I always enjoy seeing Chris with his interesting ties, and keen sense on how to make businesses successful. Chris is pictured below wearing his Chicago Bears tie with cufflinks that actually tells time. ..Only you Chris.
Later I decided to go to Barnes and Noble on Friendly and catch up on some of my reading. While there I ran into Linda Blumenfeld from Guilford Woman Magazine, and several of her networking buddies, some of whose names and cards I didn't get (I know shame on me). I met Linda when I joined the GMA Networking Gurus and she lives up to the name. Our first conversation was an immediate, "You do great work, how can I help you?"

My networking story ends with me sitting at my table at Barnes and Noble and a lady seeing my photography books out and asks, "Are you a professional photography?" To which I replied with a grin and said, "Yes I am" We chatted for a few about what type of photography she was interested in having done and I gave her my business card to later contact me.

Moral of the story: have well dress friends to get you in places you can't get into (Thanks for the referral Chris) always ask for a card, always carry a card.

No comments: